Reid Phase Feeding Program
A layer hen’s nutritional needs change as she passes through the different phases of egg laying.
The range of chicken feed from Reid Stockfeeds ensures nutritional requirements are met and encourages better egg production at each stage of life.
Reid Pre-Layer | Reid Pre-Peak Layer | Reid Peak Layer | Reid Mid Layer| Reid Late Layer
Reid Layer Feed Information
Reid Phased Layer Feed for chickens is specially created from a selection of ingredients that may include wheat, corn, barley, sorghum, peas, lupins, soya bean meal and canola meal.
The feed includes fats and/or oils, both fine limestone and limestone grit, monodicalcium phosphate, salt, sodium bicarbonate, amino acids, vitamins (including Hy-D), a combination of inorganic and organic trace minerals, feed enzymes and carotenoid yolk pigmenters.
DOES NOT CONTAIN RESTRICTED ANIMAL MATERIAL (RAM).
The nutritional requirements of the hen changes as she progresses through the laying cycle. The best approach is to Phase Feed to ensure her needs are met at every stage.
This range of mash layer feeds are produced by Reid Stockfeeds using state of the art grain crushing and mixing facilities.
High quality grain is evenly ground and combined with protein meals, fats or oils, minerals, vitamins and yolk pigmenter to ensure even spread through the feed.
These layer feeds include high quality, coarse limestone grit which is ground by the hen’s gizzard to slowly release calcium. This supports excellent shell quality in high performing layer flocks.
This feed range is suitable for chickens at every stage of their lives and includes:
- Reid Pre-Layer
- Reid Pre-Peak Layer
- Reid Peak Layer
- Reid Mid Layer
- Reid Late Layer
These fully balanced layer feeds are suitable for flocks of Hyline Brown, Lohmann Brown and ISA Brown hens.
Layer feed includes quality vitamins (including Hy-D for strong bones and shells) and the best quality minerals (including organic Copper, Zinc, Manganese and Selenium for hen vitality and egg quality) and feed enzymes (for improved digestion).
These products also include the highest quality carotenoid yolk pigmenters to produce yolks with a DSM fan score of 12 (in healthy hens when feed intake is not compromised).
|Salt (max added)||0.25%||0.25%||0.20%||0.20%||0.20%|
Store free range chicken feed in a dry place where vermin cannot access the feed.
- Designed as a complete feed, including grit.
- Do not blend or dilute with any other feed without seeking professional advice.
- Supply feed on an ad-libitum (ample) basis and always ensure birds have unlimited access to fresh, clean water.
- DO NOT FEED TO NON-TARGETED SPECIES.
Why Feed Reid?
A fully balanced diet with all the right nutrients results in healthy, highly productive hens.
By phase feeding your hens, you avoid over and under-supply of nutrients at each stage of the laying cycle and reduce your whole-of-life feed cost.
Phase feed from Reid Stockfeeds is specially formulated to gradually increase and decrease specific ingredients so hens produce quality eggs at every stage of life.
Phase Feeding Advice From Reid Stockfeeds
- Hens may go ‘off the lay’ during winter months if they do not spend enough time in the light. Ensure hens are provided with light as recommended by your hatchery’s Management Guide.
- Heat stress can result in poor egg production and can lead to avoidable mortality. Ensure hens have plenty of shade and are well ventilated in Summer. Employ foggers if possible.
- For healthy layers, it is vital to ensure drinking water is cool and is always available.
- Reid Gold is suitable for all commonly applied feeding systems.
- If feeding in troughs in open settings, keep feed dry and take steps to mitigate against incursion by wild birds and rodents.
- Ensure there is sufficient feeder space to avoid competition between hens.
- Do not restrict the feed intake of the hens. Offer them ample feed (ad libitum basis).
- If you observe feed intake is less than 105g at Peak Lay due to body weight or environmental factors, please speak with your Reid Stockfeeds representative for guidance on supply of a customised feeding programme better suited to your specific situation.