BENEFITS OF ROLE
- Work with a leading Stockfeed Manufacturer.
- Be part of a team that is strategically advancing the company’s presence in the animal nutrition market.
- Based in the heart of South-West Victoria’s dairy district at Cobden with urban centres such as Warrnambool, Colac and Geelong a short drive away.
- Family run business, with a strong emphasis on the sharing of ideas, having fun on the job and celebrating team milestones.
- Influential role within our management group.
- Influence and help make positive change in the sociable surrounds of our agricultural community.
- Work for a progressive company recognised as a top-5 finalist at the 2018 Telstra Business Awards.
- Assistance from our current Site Manager while settling into new position.
Reid Stockfeeds is a leading Australian stockfeed manufacturer with bases across all three of Victoria’s major dairying regions. We are a family-owned business; who place an emphasis on an enjoyable work atmosphere, where an individual’s ideas are listened to and acted on. This approach was recognised through a top-5 selection in the Telstra Business Awards 2018, for a medium-sized business, beating out 2,500 other applicants for our division.
We pride ourselves on innovative approaches to everything we do across best practice nutrition, excellent customer service and investing in our people. As an integral member of the Management team you would be responsible for driving the success of our Cobden Mill which specialises in feeds for dairy, beef, poultry, sheep and layer poultry.
When you join us you become part of a team working across Victoria. Nothing is more important than taking care of our, customers, communities, each other and the environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Site Manager you will be working to develop medium / long term improvements and develop strategies for growth. Your key responsibilities include: –
- Managing the site’s operations, resources, asset utilisation and machine efficiency.
- Oversee the daily management of production runs and delivery schedules.
- Work closely with our Maintenance Manager to ensure minimal unplanned downtime to mill or truck fleet.
- Ownership of the site safety strategy and promoting our values.
- Work closely with our sales manager and other key stakeholders providing support to critical processes and providing expertise to new product offerings.
- Excellent experience with a range of people Management practices – building and leading strong teams
- Resolve complex manufacturing issues that have been escalated and identify solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Delivery of site financial targets, along with profit improvement initiatives.
- Have an agile personality, adapting to changes in market demands and a hands-on approach to lead, drive and support manufacturing operations.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- Preferable to have a minimum 5-10 years’ experience in senior management leadership.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in agriculture would be highly regarded.
- Frontline leadership experience – managing a range of manufacturing and technical teams.
- Experience in lean manufacturing programs.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- An outgoing personality with strong communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to strike a strong rapport with people.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Sunday, December 01
Please fill out all details by clicking on the “APPLY NOW” button below.