Reid Stockfeeds is a leading Australian stockfeed manufacturer with bases across Victoria in Cobden, Colbinabbin and Trafalgar.
We’re also the largest family-owned manufacturer and supplier of dairy and intensive animal stockfeed in the state. We employ more than 70 staff members and manufacture 260,000 metric tonnes of feed every year, servicing a huge part of South West Victoria, Goulburn Valley and Gippsland.
Who we help
We provide stockfeed for the following livestock industries:
We can also provide feed for smaller livestock segments such as goat and alpaca on request.
From humble beginnings
“We remember 1982 all too well. For us, and many other farmers, it was the year of Australia’s worst drought and our cropping and grazing business was struggling with terrible debt.
But we refused to give up.
Instead, we looked for new ways to invest and this search led us to the idea of using home-grown grain to produce commercially formulated stock feeds.
The continued support from our customer base has enabled us to grow and develop into a respected, family business.”
Ian and Rosli Reid | Founders
In the early years, we ran Reid Stockfeeds from our kitchen bench and delivered our stockfeed in a little, red, Ford 600 tipper. That first year we produced just 40 tonnes of grain, which grew to 203 tonnes in our third year and now our average yield is 260,000 a year.
What makes us different?
At Reid Stockfeeds we pride ourselves on taking an innovative approach to everything we do, here are just some of the reasons why we believe you should choose us:
- Best practice nutrition: We work with expert animal nutritionists to ensure our stockfeed formulas are the best in market.
- Excellent customer service: Our customers come first and we work hard to deliver thoughtful and consistent customer care and address issues quickly and honestly.
- Ongoing training: Staff attend regular training to improve our standards and focus.
- Our people: A great deal of pride is had in all our team. We hope this is genuinely felt by them and reflected to the customer.
A growing business
We’ve learned a lot over the years, here are some of our favourite memories and milestones:
- 1989: Sales surpass 5000 tonnes a year.
- 1993: Sales increase to more than 10,000 tonnes, positioning us as a major buyer of local grains in Australia, allowing us to upgrade several mills and build a new weigh-bridge.
- 1996: Fire destroys the Colbinabbin mill. A positive is realised by creating a contemporary, custom built facility. The computerised batch control lifts weekly production capacity from 900 to 2,500 tonnes.
- 1998: We acquired V.Jean & Sons mill at Trafalgar and have since more than doubled annual tonnage of this mill.
- 2002: Goulburn Valley Stockfeeds is acquired, our team grows to 48 people with 10 modern delivery vehicles.
- 2002: Reid Stockfeeds Colbinabbin becomes registered as the first mill with Feedsafe accreditation.
- 2007: A 50% stake in Langdon Produce is purchased, as well as building a new mill at Cobden and consolidated manufacturing at this new location
- 2010: Full ownership of Langdon Produce.
- 2014: Ian Reid receives a Life Membership induction to the Stockfeed Manufacturers’ Association of Victoria.
- 2015: Our Stockfeed begins stocking throughout Victorian agriculture stores for the first time.
- 2015: Telstra Women’s Business Awards recognise Rosli Reid as a Vic Finalist in the entrepreneurs division.
Our high standards in quality and purity have gained Reid Stockfeeds the following accreditations and certification:
Want to learn more?
If you’d like to learn more about Reid Stockfeeds, call us on 1300 7343 3333 or contact us.