Lactation Sow Feed Information
Vege Dual Sow feed is made from a blend of crushed wheat, barley, soybean meal, peas, barley, canola meal, lupins, single cell protein, limestone, Mono dicalcium phosphate, salt, xylanase and phytase enzymes, broad spectrum mycotoxin binder, natural yeast cell additive and a specific vitamin and mineral premix.
|Digestible energy||14.2 MJ/kg|
|Crude Protein||Min 17.0%|
|Avail. Lys||DE-0.66 g/MJ|
Available in 20kg and Bulka bags – 800 kgs
Store in a clean dry place, away from vermin.
Why Feed Reid?
Reid Stockfeeds relies on scientific research to create high-quality, nutritious lactating sow feed.
This vegetarian feed is designed to enhance reproductive and lactation performance.
Lactating Sow Feed Information
- This high-energy diet is designed for lactating sows
- It can be used from when the sows enter the farrowing facility, throughout lactation and weaning, and until re-mating
- Prior to farrowing, sows should be offered 3.0-3.5 kg per day
- On the day of farrowing, a small amount (0.5-1.0kg) is enough
- A steady, gradual step-up program over a minimum of five days to 6kg is encouraged, to ensure a long and successful lactation occurs
- Depending on the genetics, a maximum intake during lactation can range from 5 to 14kg per day
- This diet is designed to optimise reproductive performance and longevity
- This diet contains feed enzymes for enhanced nutrient availability
- It also contains broad spectrum mycotoxin binders for protection against mycotoxins, which may be present in feed, bedding or silos
- The vitamin and mineral premix contains organic minerals to enhance longevity and health
- The diet contains a laxative, to help avoid constipation and unnecessary stillbirths
- The diet also contains an acidifier for improved health
- During the summer months, (November through to March), the diet also contains an osmoregulator to assist the sows during periods of heat stress.