- Hands-on leadership role – a new position for our business and the ability for strong impact across 26 truck units.
- Growing long-term successful operations – recently completed successful acquisition.
- Flexible base of operations – ideally Melbourne but open to regional locations nearby to five bases.
Reid Stockfeeds is a leading Australian stockfeed manufacturer with five manufacturing bases across all three of Victoria’s major dairying regions. We are a family-owned business; who place an emphasis on an enjoyable work atmosphere, where an individual’s ideas are listened to and acted on. This approach was recognised through a top-5 selection in the Telstra Business Awards 2018 for a medium-sized business, beating out 2,500 other applicants for our division.
We pride ourselves on innovative approaches to everything we do across best practice nutrition, excellent customer service, training opportunities and investing in our people. Ask us about the Moonshot and how you might fit into it?
When you join us you become part of a team working across Victoria. Nothing is more important than taking care of our, customers, rural communities, each other and the environment.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective execution of transport operations including feed shipments to customers and return scheduling.
- Operational excellence is achieved by monitoring key performance metrics in the area of cost, equipment utilisation, compliance, quality and service in accordance with Reid business goals and governance requirements.
- Identification of improvement opportunities and working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to effect needed change in systems and/or work processes to deliver key performance indicators and the changing needs of the business.
- Working both within a team environment and autonomously; engaging stakeholders at all levels across operations, sales, finance and management to meet business and customer needs.
- Embracing the Reid culture of customer satisfaction, delivering results, and enthusiasm for the job.
- Transport operating model – determine optimal transport tactics and create internal and external implementation plans to support.
- Sourcing strategy – collaborate with senior and site management teams to determine go-to-market or incumbent development strategies.
- Procurement – provide integral input to procurement initiatives (e.g. data collection, supplier assessment, etc).
- Transport supply partner contract and performance governance – provide critical requirements for supplier governance and contracts.
- Develop and maintain accuracy of associated KPIs and standard operating procedures for internal (Reid) and external (transport supply partner) use.
- Continuous Improvement – manage and lead loss analysis activities based on identified gaps or improvement areas for systemic improvement in service, quality and cost.
- Cost Compliance – manage and govern service provider payments (including freight audit and payment systems and processes).
- Oversee and govern all tactical and execution elements led by in-direct reports (e.g. fleet design and optimisation, route design) and data collection/analysis.
- Lead and contribute to daily, weekly and monthly meetings for transport and operations.
- Transport performance dashboard monitoring and action plan development for sustainable business results (including fleet maintenance scheduling).
- Work collaboratively with operational leaders on critical tasks, projects and initiatives as required. Actively participate in the sales and operational planning process.
- Manage customer and business initiatives to support superior delivery execution and cost containment.
- Chain of Responsibility – Oversee compliance (e.g. ensure procedures are in place and followed)
- Ensure daily collaboration is occurring between the site-based internal fleet/ transport supply partners and planning; customer support on the effective management of shipments.
- Process – Responsible for the design, implementation and control of transport processes (e.g. route optimisation)
- System – Responsible for the implementation and control of transport or related business systems (i.e. Gilly or TMS etc.)
What’s in it …. for you?
- Family run business, with strong emphasis on the sharing of ideas, having fun on the job and celebrating team milestones.
- Influential role within our leadership group
- Access to targeted on-going professional development
- Influence and help make positive change in the sociable surrounds of our agricultural community.
- Work for a progressive company recognised as a top-5 finalist at the 2018 Telstra Business Awards.
- Create massive impact toward our five year plan.
- Attractive package including new dual cab ute, phone, & laptop.
- People and transport supply partner management
- Transport operations
- Identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Cost/ budget management
- Fleet maintenance scheduling
- Agricultural industry experience (preferred – not essential)
- Curiosity and openness to learn new things
- Decisiveness and responsiveness
- Transport fundamentals
- Transport financials
With an exciting future ahead of us, you can be part of a team that design and manufacture custom grain rations to farmers right across Victoria and its borders. If this opportunity is attractive to you come and join us to be part of a strong, growing regional business.
Applications close, March 19, 2021 – interviews to commence immediately.
The application form will include these questions:
Tell us why you’re a great fit for Reid Stockfeeds?
How many years’ experience do you have as a Transport Manager, if any?
What’s your expected annual base salary?
How much notice are you required to give your current employer?