- Hands-on leadership role
- Growing long-term successful operations
- Based in Trafalgar, Gippsland
Reid Stockfeeds is a leading Australian stockfeed manufacturer with bases across all three of Victoria’s major dairying regions. We are a family-owned business; who place an emphasis on an enjoyable work atmosphere, where an individual’s ideas are listened to and acted on. This approach was recognised through a top-5 selection in the Telstra Business Awards 2018 for a medium-sized business, beating out 2,500 other applicants for our division.
We pride ourselves on innovative approaches to everything we do across best practice nutrition, excellent customer service, training opportunities and investing in our people. Ask us about the Moonshot and how you might fit into it?
When you join us you become part of a team working across Victoria. Nothing is more important than taking care of our, customers, rural communities, each other and the environment.
A unique opportunity exists for this Site Manager focussed on people and operations within our Leadership team. Reporting to the General Manager, you will have responsibility to;
- Manage site operations, resources, asset utilisation and machine efficiency
- Deliver capex projects in a timely fashion
- Work collaboratively with Maintenance, Safety, Finance & HR to develop site strategies to achieve strategic targets laid out in our 5-year plan
- Lead and develop teams to progress their own technical abilities and qualifications
- Delivery of site financial targets, along with profit improvement initiatives
- Ownership of the site safety strategy and promoting a safety culture
- Work closely with our nutritionist group and other key stakeholders providing support to critical processes and feedback on new product offerings
- Resolve complex issues that have been escalated whilst continuously monitoring and identifying opportunities to drive continuous improvement in efficiency
To be successful in this role you will;
- Have extensive experience in leadership gained in a high-volume complex manufacturing environment (FMCG preferred).
- Have an agile personality, adapting to changes in market demands and a hands-on approach to lead, drive and support manufacturing operations.
- Drive excellent results through leadership, coaching and culture with a focus on increasing employee engagement.
- Strong demonstrated commercial acumen.
- Have experience in leading/implementing operations excellence/lean manufacturing programs.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
What’s in it …. for you?
- Family run business, with strong emphasis on the sharing of ideas, having fun on the job and celebrating team milestones.
- Influential role within our leadership group
- Access to targeted on-going professional development
- Influence and help make positive change in the sociable surrounds of our agricultural community.
- Work for a progressive company recognised as a top-5 finalist at the 2018 Telstra Business Awards.
- Create impact toward our five year plan.
- Attractive package including new dual cab ute, phone, & laptop.
- Demonstrated experience in an FMCG manufacturing environment at management level
- Strong communicator (written and oral)
- The ability to drive innovation and achieve results
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in agriculture would be highly regarded.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
With an exciting future ahead of us, you can be part of a team that design and manufacture custom grain rations for our customers. If this opportunity is attractive to you come and join us to be part of this success story.
Applications close, 29th Jan 2021 – interviews to commence immediately.
The application form will include these questions:
Tell us why you’re a great fit for Reid Stockfeeds?
How many years’ experience do you have as a site manager, if any?
What’s your expected annual base salary?
How much notice are you required to give your current employer?