Group Operations Manager
- An exceptional opportunity for an experienced stockfeed or food manufacturing senior manager
- Be a major contributor in taking our 5-year Moonshot strategy to the next level
- Enjoy a diverse range of responsibilities across the business.
Reid Stockfeeds is a leading Australian stockfeed manufacturer with five manufacturing bases across all three of Victoria’s major dairying regions. We are a proud family-owned business, acting as a vital cog in the food chain for livestock farmers. We are a trusted brand with a strong reputation for quality service in the sector.
We pride ourselves on innovative approaches to everything we do across best practice nutrition, excellent customer service, training opportunities and investing in our people.
When you join us you get more than a job.
You become part of a positive, supportive business which has a strong vision for future growth. Nothing is more important than taking care of our, regional customers, communities, each other and the environment.
As a member of the Leadership team reporting to the General Manager, the role includes:
- Co-ordinating production through multiple locations, mill performance optimisation and tolling oversight.
- Accountability for on-time production, quality control and safety
- Further development of operational metrics
- Coordinating multiple layers of business operations including transport and maintenance teams
- Management and development of 5 direct reports representing our regional sites, transport, maintenance, HSE Quality & Compliance
- Working within a team environment and autonomously; engaging stakeholders at all levels to meet business and customer needs.
What’s in it …. for you?
- The chance to influence and make positive changes across a growing business
- The opportunity to use your strong leadership and strategic thinking skills to make a difference in a newly created position
- Attractive salary package including fully maintained company vehicle, phone and laptop.
- On-going professional development.
- An exciting future as part of a team that sell, design and manufacture custom grain and pellet rations to farmers right across Victoria and its borders.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Approx. 7-10 years’ experience in a senior operational position in stockfeed or food manufacturing
- Experience in managing multiple /remote operational sites
- Experience with continuous improvement e.g. LEAN, Six Sigma and a successful track record leading and implementing related initiatives
- Commercial acumen and cost/budget management experience
- High energy levels, enthusiasm and the drive to succeed
- Strong values in line with RSF, great behaviours and attitude
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Strong decision-making and delegation skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Relevant tertiary qualifications would be highly regarded, but we value experience and a passion for the industry just as much!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or require a position description.