Cobden Lead Senior Miller
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Family run business, with strong emphasis on the sharing of ideas, having fun on the job and celebrating team milestones.
- Influential role within our management group reporting directly to the Production Manager.
- Influence and help make positive change in a business committed to improving systems.
- Work for a progressive company recognised as a top-5 finalist at the 2018 Telstra Business Awards.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a lead miller you will be responsible for the production of stockfeed for customers in our bulk and packaged product divisions. You will coordinate the mill operations with responsibility for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity and efficiency of our people: –
- Production: To take control of raw materials in the warehouse (inventory) and control their turnover through the mill. Ensure adequate levels of inventory are available for product manufacture at all times. To ensure schedules and manufacture of both bulk and bagged product are adhered to, to ensure the product is ready for delivery by required date.
- Shift leader: Provide direction and leadership during the shift to Millers
- Fork lift operation: To move goods and material around our facilities by operating a forklift with the utmost care to ensure efficiency and safety. Your job could involve driving around warehouses, storage spaces and other facilities.
- Quality: Ensure Hygiene standards are kept and maintained through the control room, batching area, roller mill area, warehouse, and grain/meal unloading areas
- Safety: Leading the shift and adhering to all Reid Stockfeeds Policies and Procedures and all that OHSE legislation is complied with.
- High-level communication skills
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
- Attention to detail
- An ability to prioritise and manage expectations
- Team Player
- Competent computer skills
- Operate with good manufacturing practices
- Provide clear direction to others
- Qualifications in Food Processing (Stockfeed Milling),
- Licenses for Heavy Rigid Vehicles and Forklift license are preferred.
- Interest in Stockfeed Industry is essential.
- Experience with Bobcats, Forklifts and Front End Loaders is highly desirable.
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence.
- Good math, language and reading skills; basic computer skills may be required
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday, May 29 @ 12pm